Thursday, February 27, 2014

Shark Tank Speech Review

In preparation for this speech, I had mapped out exactly what I wanted to say, I wrote down different ideas for intro's, multiple facts and fun ideas that would add the the importance of this group of people. One important thing that I realized through watching my speech on video is that I could use more preparation. I should have practiced my speech more so that when I was in front of the class I didn't need to use my notecard. When I looked down at my notecard I became absent minded, and although I was reading my key words to talk about, I could not think of what I had thought about saying, this led to awkward gaps, and ultimately took away from what my speech could have been. I could have also gotten in touch with the leaders of the SAB so that during my presentation I could have mentioned specific events that we could do the documentary on to show that there is enough time to successfully complete a study on this group. Through viewing this speech on video I have been able to learn my strengths and weaknesses and am now able to realize what I need to correct and work on.

No comments:

Post a Comment